Many commercial and residential building owners make the mistake of taking their roofing system for granted. The roof is one of the most important investments for your property, offering immediate protection to your home and business.
At A & J Reliable, we realize the true value of a good and well-functioning roofing system for any construction project. With this, we are glad to be sharing some useful information that will help you understand how to keep your roof in its best possible condition.
Getting to Know Your Roofing System
In order to understand how to keep your roof in the best possible condition, you’ll need to understand your roofing system a little better. As the protective layer of your home or business, it’s important to know the different aspects for better maintenance and proper check-up to keep track of your roof’s condition.
The Components of a Roofing System:
- Hip and ridge shingles
- Attic insulation
These various parts function together at their best performance when properly installed and well-maintained.
The Design Elements of a Roofing System:
- Roof Truss – structural framework of the roof.
- Ridge – highest point on a roof.
- Pitch – angle or slope of roof.
- Hip – external angle formed when two sloping sections of the roof meet.
- Valley – internal angle formed when two downward sloping sections of the roof meet.
- Eaves – edges of roof that hang over the walls of the foundation.
- Gables – triangular sections of walls located between eaves and the peak of the roof.
- Dormer – sections that extend outward from the roofing slope, such as an attic window.
Selecting Materials for Your Roofing System
Your roofing system’s durability and life span depends heavily on the type of materials that you choose. Remember that your roof is your first line of defense from the forces of nature. Rank your priorities properly when choosing the right material for your roofing system in Fairfield, Connecticut. Your choices should be mainly affected by environmental factors rather than purely aesthetic considerations.
Energy-Efficient Roofing Systems
Certain types of roofing systems use materials that double as an energy-saving device for homes and businesses. Energy Star rated products offer enhancement for your roofing system’s performance. Certain shingles can be installed to reflect sun’s rays away from your house and building, lowering the overall energy costs during the summer season. Certain roofing materials also offer better insulation, allowing for a comfortable and controlled environment during the winter season.
Quality products and workmanship will offer a long-lasting and well-functioning roofing system.
Commercial Roofing Systems in Fairfield CT
Commercial roofing systems in Fairfield CT can be divided into three general categories:
- Flat Roofing System: no peak or slope in the roofing structure.
- Low Slope Roofing System: slope of roof is no more than 3:12 (or 14 degrees), meaning the slope has a decline of 3 inches per foot.
- Steep Slope Roofing System: slope of roof is more than 3:12 (or 14 degrees).
Residential Roofing Systems in Fairfield CT
Residential roofing systems in Fairfield CT can be divided into three general categories:
- Single Pitched Roofing System: single slope pointing in one direction.
- Double Pitched Roofing System: connects two surfaces at the highest peak of the roof to form a triangle.
- Trussed Roofing System: triangulated wooden structural framework used to provide support to the roof.
New Roof Installation FAIRFIELD CONNECTICUT
Looking for a new roofing system? A & J Reliable is one of the leading roofing contractors in Fairfield, Connecticut. Our knowledge, expertise and dedication to quality craftsmanship continue our tradition of installing only the most reliable roofing systems in Fairfield CT.
For any questions regarding our Fairfield roofing systems or to receive a FREE quote on your next roofing project, please contact one of our professional roofers today by simply filling out the form below or giving us a call at (203) 861-1891.