Installing a skylight in your home can open up a room and create a flood of natural sunlight while decreasing your energy costs and increasing your home’s value.
Here are just some of the benefits of installing a skylight in your home include:
- Adds Natural Light: Adding a natural light source is a great way to brighten up a room in a way that light fixtures are not able to do.
- Increases the Value of Your Home: When it comes time to sell your home, not only does it show better with natural light, but a skylight adds a certain appeal to buyers.
- Reduces Energy Costs: Not only does a skylight reduce the need for electrical light throughout the day, but the sunlight also adds warmth in the cold months.
- Creates an Aesthetic Appeal: Installing a skylight can give any given room a whole new look without having to change anything else.
- Adds Natural Space: When you install a skylight, you can make the room feel more open and spacious than the rest of the house.
- Creates Ventilation: When you install a skylight that can be opened, it can aid in expelling hot air while circulating fresh air.
- Offers Health Benefits: Natural light in your home is a great way to elevate your mood and mental well-being.
- Maintains Your Privacy: Skylights create a similar effect as windows while still allowing you to maintain your privacy.
However, installing a skylight does have its challenges. The biggest challenge is the fact that you are cutting into the roof to install it.
This is why you want to hire a company with the experience necessary to know the right place to install the skylight as well as how to install it properly so you don’t have to worry about roof damage or leaks.
At A & J Reliable, we have worked on over 40,000 different homes since 1979. We have the experience, the knowledge, and the expertise to install your skylight correctly while preparing your roof and protecting your largest investment.
If you are interested in finding out more about installing a skylight in your home, please complete the form below and one of our professional installers will be in touch to help you!
Speak to a Skylight specialist in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
For more information on Skylights or to speak with one of our Skylight specialists, please complete the form below.
Your Roof Deserves the Attention!
Homeowners don’t always appreciate the job a roof does until there is a problem and by then it is often too late. If you haven’t had someone look at your roof within the past two years, it is time!